[Rtk-users] Forward projection to generate realistic fluoroscopic images

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon May 31 05:49:57 EDT 2021

Hi,
1/ No, it's probably not the best input for generating DRRs. I would
suggest to put air at ~0 by adding -1024 to all pixel values.
2/ The output are line integrals. Fluoroscopic images should follow the
Beer Lambert law so the best would be to chose take the exponential of the
opposite. However, you should then be careful in your conversion of the HU,
having water at 1024 would not be numerically complicated. So multiply the
HU+1024 values by a scalar which would put water at a reasonable value,
e.g. 0.01879/1024, where 0.01879 / mm is the linear attenuation coefficient
of water at 75 keV.
I hope this helps,
Simon