[Rtk-users] Forward projection to generate realistic fluoroscopic images

Kobe Bamps kobe_bamps at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 04:53:03 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I am using the JosephForwardProjection of RTK through python wrapper. I am trying to generate realistic fluoroscopic images from a chest CT-volume. I've setup the image spacing and pixels based on the dimensions of the detector of a c-arm. I can generate projections over different angles.

Question 1: Should the intensity values of the input volume be expressed in Houndsfield Units? In other words, should the intensity values range between -1024 HU and 3071 HU?

Question 2: What is the best practice to generate positive projection of the CT-volume instead of a negative projection (like on x-ray display devices or fluoroscopes. Bones are black, air is white)?

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could answer on my questions.

I apologize if I am vague on any points or if anything is unclear, please let me know.

Thank you,
Kobe