[Rtk-users] Trouble on the FirstReconstruction example

Zhang, Zhehao zhehao.zhang at wustl.edu
Tue May 5 18:01:50 EDT 2020

Dear all,

Hi! I am new to RTK and want to use it on Python. So I installed RTK through pip, like

pip install itk

pip install itk-rtk

I think the examples for ITK work well. However, when I tried to run the FirstReconstruction example for RTK, some trouble have stopped me for a while.
I used the order “python FirstReconstruction.py test.mha geometry.xml” to run the given Python code, but I continued to get the error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "FirstReconstruction.py", line 88, in <module>
    writer.Update()
RuntimeError: C:\P\IPP\standalone-build\ITKs\Modules\Core\Common\src\itkProcessObject.cxx:1400:
itk::ERROR: FieldOfViewImageFilter(000001C546A88980): Input Primary is required but not set.

Additionally, this ‘Input Primary is required but not set’ error also occurred in some other examples, on both Windows and Ubuntu systems. I have no idea how to solve it. Could you please help me out?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Zhehao