[Rtk-users] Insufficient Data For Proper Parker Weighting

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Jun 15 08:59:19 EDT 2020

Hi,
You are getting this because RTK detects that the scan is too short. Parker
weighting requires pi + the fan-angle to be able to reconstruct exactly the
central slice of your scan. Check here
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/include/rtkParkerShortScanImageFilter.hxx#L139>
how this is calculated in RTK.
Possible solutions are cropping the projections to reduce the fan angle.
I'm not sure what are the consequences but they'll probably be small since
not much is missing in your case. It's even likely that RTK could be
improved by discretizing differently the integral in parker weighting, in
which case you'd get enough projections.
Simon