[Rtk-users] Insufficient Data For Proper Parker Weighting

Brani Rusanov Brani_Rusanov at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 04:55:16 EDT 2020

Hi,

I am attempting to reconstruct Varian raw cone-beam data. The specific type of scan is a short scan, 200 degrees generating 501 projections. During reconstruction I get the message: “you do not have enough data for proper Parker weighting (short scan) Delta is 9.951 degrees and should be more than half the beam angle I.e. 11.2359 degrees.”

Since I have not generated the geometry myself, rather, used a pre-set Varian protocol, I am unsure why I get this error.

How could I rectify this issue? Furthermore, what consequences are there to not applying a Parker weighting?

The geometry header is attached.

Your response is greatly appreciated,
Brani