[Rtk-users] Half Fan dataset

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jan 22 05:45:34 EST 2020

Congratulations! Glad to here it worked out. From your attachment, I have
the feeling that something is wrong since there is an artefact at the
center. Do you know what that could be?
Maybe you can read the Knaup's paper in the 13th fully 3D meeting
proceedings (available here
<http://www.fully3d.org/uploadfile/2017/0112/20170112020253842.pdf>): A
General Projection Weight for Feldkamp–Type Cone–Beam Image Reconstruction
from Arbitrary CT Scan Trajectories.
Defining optimal weights is difficult because you have two competing
criteria: best use of the dose to minimize dose and a smooth weighting (as
described by Parker).
It might be worth being included but the best would be to do it with
minimal code copy. You can share the current code if you want us to have a
look.
Cheers,
Simon