[Rtk-users] R: Trying to reconstruct with a 180 degrees circular projection geometry

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Dec 11 04:02:53 EST 2020

Hi Clément,
To complement Gabriele's response and explains what goes on. FDK requires a
360° acquisition. RTK will calculate the angular gap between the current
projection and the two neighbors. With your configuration, two projections
take an angular weight (the delta when discretising the backprojection
integral) of about 90°.
You can do a short scan with Parker weightings but, as stated by Gabriele,
that necessitates at least 180° + the cone angle.
Simon