[Rtk-users] Rotation before and during rktprojections

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Apr 15 14:13:35 EDT 2020

Hi Vincent,
Everything you did is correct but rtkfdk always applies the ramp filter
along the first dimension and does not check if this corresponds to the
direction orthogonal to the rotation axis. For your case, it is probably
not so difficult to adapt the code. When there is a small rotation, it is
debatable whether one should ignore the rotation for the ramp filter,
resample the image, or recalculate the filter in 2D (see our recent
publication here <https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6560/ab7875> which has not
been implemented in RTK). I have opened an issue on github
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/issues/335>, hopefully we'll find time to
fix this in the future (at least raise an exception above a parametrable
rotation threshold).
Best regards,
Simon