[Rtk-users] Rotation before and during rktprojections

vincent vl at xris.eu
Wed Apr 15 12:21:59 EDT 2020

Hi RTK community,

I hope everyone is doing well in those hard times.

I have a panel that is rotated by 90° on the CT system.  I used to
rotate the images back in the right orientation before building the
sinogram with rtkprojections, but then I thought I might give a try at
the "newdirection" option.  Using the matrix [0 1 0 ; 1 0 0 ; 0 0 1]
gives the expected results.  So far so good. But when I try to
reconstruct the latter with the same geometric parameters than for the
pre-rotated projections, I obtain a very blurry result (vs a sharp one
in the first case).  I am obviously missing something, and I would
suspect I am not giving the right information to the rtkfdk
application.  So far, here is what I have tried:

-keep the projections in the initial orientation, but give the
"newdirection" option to the rtkfdk application,

-specify the "newdirection" in both rtkprojections and rtkfdk,

-turn to you for advice !

I thank you very much in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Best regards,

Vincent