[Rtk-users] bWithExternalHalfPixelBorder in RayBoxIntersectionImageFilter

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Aug 27 03:21:08 EDT 2019

Dear Chao,
Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay in answering it. The
boolean allows to determine if the box goes from itk::Image::Origin to the
coordinate of the last pixel or whether you want to add a half voxel
border, see code here
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/src/rtkBoxShape.cxx#L147-L168>.
In SART, you want to divide the difference between the projection and the
measure by the projection of a volume filled with one. Our projectors
consider that the intensity is 0 before Origin and after the coordinate of
the last pixel so I think the current version is the correct one. The
rtkforwardprojectiontest.cxx
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/test/rtkforwardprojectiontest.cxx>
tests this and you can check in it that there is indeed no half pixel
border. So I believe this is the right thing to do, yes.
Best regards,
Simon