[Rtk-users] bWithExternalHalfPixelBorder in RayBoxIntersectionImageFilter

Chao Wu wuchao04 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 16:14:48 EDT 2019

L.S.,

I have noticed a behaviour change in SART after commit 5dc1d78.
In SARTConeBeamReconstructionFilter,
m_RayBoxFilter->SetBoxFromImage(this->GetInput(0),
false) attempts to pass false to bWithExternalHalfPixelBorder, although
before this commit this variable was not used in
RayBoxIntersectionImageFilter::SetBoxFromImage and then when
rtk::BoxShape::SetBoxFromImage is called the default half pixel border flag
was set to true. After this commit a false can finally be passed through.
This gives slight different reconstruction results than before. I was just
wondering which one is more correct, with or without the half pixel border
for the volume used for the normalization. I tried to follow the external
link of explanation given in the code of SetBoxFromImage but found it
broken. Could anyone give a brief explanation? Thanks.

Best regards,
Chao