[Rtk-users] Reconstructing from TrueBeam data

Korte James James.Korte at petermac.org
Wed Aug 8 01:20:46 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm having some issues reconstructing CBCT data from a Varian TrueBeam system.

Just wondering if I am doing something really stupid? Does RTK support imaging data off a TrueBeam system?

I found a good masters thesis where they modified RTK and pre-processed TrueBeam data, but wanted to get some feedback before investing time into a custom solution (https://open.library.ubc.ca/cIRcle/collections/ubctheses/24/items/1.0167188)

I've just been using the RTK command line interface. First creating a geometry file using "rtkvarianprobeamgeometry.exe" as the Scan.xml file from our TrueBeam data has a very similar structure to the Scan.xml from the RTK probeam example:
rtkvarianprobeamgeometry.exe -v -x Scan.xml -o geometry.xml -p Acquisitions\763250797\ -r Proj.*.xim

I then try to reconstruct using the FDK algorithm using the following command:
rtkfdk.exe -v -g geometry.xml -o slices.mha -p Acquisitions\763250797\ -r Proj.*.xim

And I get the following error:
Regular expression matches 893 file(s)...
Reading...
ExceptionObject caught with reader->Update() in file c:\path-to-rtk-src\rtk
\applications\rtkfdk\rtkfdk.cxx line 63

itk::InvalidRequestedRegionError (00000000002FDFF8)
Location: "void __cdecl itk::ImageFileReader<class itk::Image<unsigned int,3>,cl
ass itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits<unsigned int> >::EnlargeOutputRequestedRegion
(class itk::DataObject *)"
File: c:\path-to-itk-src\src\modules\io\imagebase\include\itkimagefilereader.hxx
Line: 350
regionRequested region: ImageRegion (00000000002FDC48)
  Dimension: 3
  Index: [0, 0, 0]
  Size: [1024, 768, 1]
StreamableRegion region: ImageRegion (00000000002FDBF8)
  Dimension: 3
  Index: [0, 0, 0]
  Size: [0, 0, 1]

Cheers!
James Korte

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments or links) may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information and is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, any use, distribution, disclosure or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this email (including any attachments) are not waived or lost by reason of its mistaken delivery to you.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify us immediately by telephone or email.  Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre provides no guarantee that this transmission is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or altered and will not be liable for any delay in its receipt.