[Rtk-users] Fwd: Have you encountered this artifact?

Andreas Gravgaard Andersen andreasg at phys.au.dk
Fri Sep 16 16:37:43 EDT 2016

Thanks for the fast response Simon!

I flipped the angles (360 - angle[deg]) and it worked! Thanks, you were
right all along!
I just didn't get why it makes a difference. I think I do now, as the
resulting image was flipped upside down and not left/right as I expected.
[attached]

The reconstruction is significantly better, I'll look into what should be
included in the reader and what I should keep in my program to keep
conformity with the other readers. Then I'll create a pull request.

Just for the purpose of others hitting the same or a similar bug, I also
attempted:
I did the  SART reconstruction with 10 iterations, lambda=0.3, and Joseph
back/forward projection, *but with no* significant improvement [attached]

And:
If you want you can download the data set from: [Dropbox link to 460MB zip
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg2k50vw3f7bt4b/CatPhan.zip?dl=0> (I'll keep it
up as long as Dropbox allows me)] Only the Acquisitions/subfolder is used
along with the Scan.xml (Calibrations folder may be used in the future in
my program, but I'm not sure if you can rely on the existence of the
content).

A MatLab XimReader is available: link
<https://github.com/agravgaard/RTK/blob/master/code/ReadXim.m> (also
available from Varian bitbucket along a with a python version and a
C#->matlab plugin
<https://bitbucket.org/dmoderesearchtools/ximreader/downloads>). Otherwise
my fork with the RTK-style reader is available from the same repository (I
have also added Hnc support, thanks to the Geoff Hugo fork, so bzip2 is a
new dependancy).

Best regards
Andreas

Andreas Gravgaard Andersen