[Rtk-users] Fwd: Have you encountered this artifact?

Andreas Gravgaard Andersen andreasg at phys.au.dk
Fri Sep 16 08:56:34 EDT 2016

Thanks for the suggestions, Simon and Cyril!

I have been carefully looking though the geometry and from what I
understand of the transformations matrices, the geometry looks correct/(as
expected).

HOWEVER: I found out that the reason for the Hnd to behave differently were
because had used half-fan scans (full-arc).
When I used a full-fan (half-arc) scan of Hnd projections the same
artifacts occurs!

Are there other (built-in) means of improving half-arc scans, than the
parker short scan filter?

Parker short scan does a decent job, but the result is still far from the
quality of the Varian software reconstruction at least for the CatPhan.

Best regards
Andreas

Andreas Gravgaard Andersen

Department of Oncology,