[Rtk-users] Tomosynthesis reconstruction

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu May 26 12:04:47 EDT 2016

Hi Shiras,
I generated a volume to look at your problem:
rtkdrawshepploganphantom --like volume.mhd -o volume.mhd --phantomscale 32
--offset 0,0,1.7
Then I obtained the same issue as you. I think the problem is that rtkfdk
is meant for circular CBCT and it includes pre-weighting for displaced
detector and short scan. I'm not sure why you don't get a warning but these
are probably responsible for the blank output. A simple solution is to do
only the 3 FDK steps using in order the command tools:
rtktwodweights
rtkramp
rtkbackprojections
You can also try to shunt the preweighting by modifying rtkfdk.cxx.

It's interesting that you try out tomosynthesis but you'll encounter some
problem. When I ran the above commands, I get very weird results because
the first and the last projections get a lot more weight than the others
since it looks at the angular weight with the previous and the next
projections. A simple solution is to blank out these two projections.
Good luck and keep us posted if you get interesting results,
Simon