[Rtk-users] Tomosynthesis reconstruction

Shiras Abdurahman shiraska at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:41:54 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to simulate Tomosynthesis reconstruction with stationary flat
panel detector where source rotates around Y axis to acquire 21 projections
(system geometry diagram is attached). Geometry file geometry.xml is
generated with Reg23ProjectionGeometry. I generated projection images of a
cube volume and then I tried to reconstruct with FDK algorithm. Even though
I  am able to generate projections, FDK reconstruction yields the volume
with all voxel values zero. The commands I used for generating projections
and reconstructing volume are

rtkforwardprojections -g geometry.xml -o projections.mhd -i volume.mhd
--spacing 0.1518,0.1518,1 --dimension 1420,1416,21 --fp=CudaRayCast
rtkfdk -p . -r projections.mhd -o fdk.mhd -g geometry.xml
--spacing=0.25,0.25,0.25 --origin=-31.875,-31.875,25
--dimension=256,256,256 --hardware=cuda

I am also attaching geometry xml file, mhd header files of the original
volume, projections and reconstructed volume.

With regards,
Shiras