[Rtk-users] Realistic Image Quality?

Solomon Tang solomoncztang at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:56:22 EDT 2016

Hi Simon,

I am using RTK to simulate CT acquisitions using different detector sizes
to see how this impact on image quality might change some of our in-house
metrics.

The images I have linked to below have been created using
rtkforwardprojections with different projection spacings (0.3 isometric and
0.75 isometric) reconstructed with rtkfdk with the same pixel spacing and
image dimensions (0.4688x0.4688x0.6 | 512x512x225). The CUDA projection
stepsize is equal to the projection spacing. The window levels between
images of their respective rows are the same.

I am simply wondering if the differences between these images are
realistic. I would expect the image with a detector size than is more than
twice as large as the original would be drastically different when in fact
they turn out to be incredibly similar. Are the assumptions made about
projection spacing == cuda stepsize == simulated hardware detector size
incorrect?

<goog_1486088111>
https://gyazo.com/e86436826f687a2db4b234699d050450

https://gyazo.com/ca9612218f082e78ba3082950a27fa4c