[Rtk-users] Fwd: About the newspacing flag

Guangming Zang guangming.zang at kaust.edu.sa
Fri Feb 19 17:50:46 EST 2016

Hi Simon,
Thanks for your kind reply and information provided.
Basically the problem i encountered is that without changing any geometry
(i.e., sid, sdd, detector physical size), if i downsample my original
projection images, how can i reconstruct corresponding volume correctly.
In RTK, it seems that i just need to change the input projection file  and
newspacing parameter (as same as the factor of downsample), then i got
promising results. but in my own application, i simulate the situation, but
got some aliasing. So i really want to know how it work behind our RTK.
I thought that this parameter is to simulate the detector's spacing size.
And in my experiment, i set the detector physical size as 256mm*256mm, and
i got projection images P1.mha with size of 256^2 , now i downsample these
images with factor of 2( i.e., the images size change from 256^2 to 128^2
), from which i got P2.mha
in our rtkfdk, after the dowmsample. i just need change input projections
from P1.mha to P2.mha, besides, i need change flag newspacing from 1 to 2.
both of the results from RTK  are pretty good.
my questions are:
1) can i just regard the newspacing as the upsample operation with nearest
neighbor filter??
2) how many rays RTK generated in forward projecion (i.e. ray tracing part
) for each image in P2.mha??? is it 256^2????

To sum up,in my own application, can i reproduce the result from RTK for
flag "newspacing as 2"  by doing:
upsample image by factor of 2 (got a 256mm*256mm image ) and just generate
half number of rays in raytracing (forward priject ) part???

Thanks for your time and help in advance,
-Regards Guangming