[Rtk-users] rtk_fdk and redundant projections/angles

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Feb 10 05:08:03 EST 2016

Hi Guillaume,
Yes they are.
For FBP reconstructions, you have an integral over the source angle. When
discretized, you have a delta angle between adjacent projections. This is
done in the projection weighting of FDK. If you want to dig in the code,
look for GetAngularGaps in rtkFDKWeightProjectionFilter.txx
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/code/rtkFDKWeightProjectionFilter.txx>
.
For iterative reconstructions, we don't do anything specific and assume
that it won't be a problem since the system of equations is correctly built.
I hope this helps,
Simon