[Rtk-users] rtkadmmwavelets ring artifact

Joel Beaudry joelbeaudry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 18:00:06 EDT 2015

Sure thing, thanks for the reply Simon. I've attached a Coronal and Axial
slice showing the ring. I'll wait for Cyril's reply.

The image quality is pretty poor but I'm using ~70 projections (4DCBCT), so
that's expected. Admittedly, I'm not using a high
number of iterations (n=10) but I suspect this ring artifact is from
something else. This does not occur when using rtkadmmtotalvariation, but
only the admmwavelets.

And just a general question regarding the nature of iterative
reconstructions. I'm currently using no input image, so I assume the
initial guess is just some uniform value but is it beneficial to first do a
full (so use all projections) FDK reconstruction and use that as the input
instead?

Thanks,
Joel