[Rtk-users] installation problem rtk

P. Jin p.jin at amc.uva.nl
Mon Jun 22 06:48:50 EDT 2015

Dear rtk-users/developers,

In my installation I encountered some problems. I have installed itk properly, gcc-4.9 and cuda-7.0 on mac os x 10.10. We create the CUDA_BIN_PATH which is the directory of nvcc. The gcc-4.9 was installed in /usr/local/bin, and the default gcc is in /usr/bin. In the cmake process, the options I made look like this:

 BUILD_APPLICATIONS                               ON
 BUILD_DOXYGEN                                       OFF
 BUILD_EXAMPLES                                      ON
 BUILD_SHARED_LIBS                                 ON
 BUILD_SIMPLERTK                                     OFF
 BUILD_TESTING                                          ON
 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX                          /usr/local/rtk
 CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES
 CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
 CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT
 CUDA_HOST_COMPILER               /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/To
 CUDA_SDK_ROOT_DIR                CUDA_SDK_ROOT_DIR-NOTFOUND
 CUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR            /Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-7.0
 CUDA_USE_STATIC_CUDA_RUNTIME     ON
 DEFAULT_GCC                      /usr/local/bin/gcc
 EXACT_GCC                         EXACT_GCC-NOTFOUND
 EXACT_GCC2                       EXACT_GCC2-NOTFOUND
 GENGETOPT                        GENGETOPT-NOTFOUND
 ITK_DIR                          /Users/pjin/Develop/InsightToolkit-4.7.2/ITKB
 RTK_USE_CUDA                     ON
 RTK_USE_OPENCL                   OFF

when i specified DEFAULT_GCC is /usr/bin/gcc, the make process was stuck at

[ 23%] Building CXX object code/CMakeFiles/rtkcuda.dir/rtkCudaCropImageFilter.cxx.o
In file included from /Users/pjin/Develop/RTK/code/rtkCudaCropImageFilter.cxx:20:
In file included from /Users/pjin/Develop/RTK/code/rtkCudaUtilities.hcu:24:
In file included from /Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-7.0/include/math_functions.h:9822:
/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-7.0/include/math_functions.hpp:3208:7: error: use of
      undeclared identifier '__signbitd'; did you mean 'signbit'?
  if (__signbitd(a))
      ^~~~~~~~~~
      signbit
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/cmath:329:1: note:
      'signbit' declared here
signbit(_A1 __x) _NOEXCEPT
^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [code/CMakeFiles/rtkcuda.dir/rtkCudaCropImageFilter.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [code/CMakeFiles/rtkcuda.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

when i specified DEFAULT_GCC to /usr/local/bin/gcc (where the gcc-4.9 was installed), the make process was stuck at

[ 20%] Building NVCC (Device) object code/CMakeFiles/cuda_compile.dir/cuda_compile_generated_rtkCudaAverageOutOfROIImageFilter.cu.o
nvcc fatal   : GNU C/C++ compiler is no longer supported as a host compiler on Mac OS X.
CMake Error at cuda_compile_generated_rtkCudaAverageOutOfROIImageFilter.cu.o.cmake:207 (message):
  Error generating
  /Users/pjin/Develop/RTK/RTK-bin/code/CMakeFiles/cuda_compile.dir//./cuda_compile_generated_rtkCudaAverageOutOfROIImageFilter.cu.o

make[2]: *** [code/CMakeFiles/cuda_compile.dir/cuda_compile_generated_rtkCudaAverageOutOfROIImageFilter.cu.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [code/CMakeFiles/rtkcuda.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does anyone have an idea about how to fix it?

BTW, an warning message came up while I was configuring the cmake, which is "gengetopt not found".

Thanks in advance!

best regards,
Peng

AMC Disclaimer : http://www.amc.nl/disclaimer