[Rtk-users] The results still much brighter after clamping operation

Guangming Zang guangming.zang at kaust.edu.sa
Tue Jun 2 09:43:47 EDT 2015

Sorry to bother you again.
After i clamped the volume values' range ,i  find that the results from
SART and ADMM in RTK still brighter than ground truth volume  and the
volume reconstructed from my implementation.
here is the description in detail:
i wanna test the reconstruction result of Shepp-Logan.  by using the ground
truth volume , i generated  360 projections. and use these projections
images as input both for my project and RTK to reconstruct a volume. but
the result from RTK looks a little brighter. After checking in the ground
truth volume, i found that the all voxel values are in the range[0,1] while
it is [-0.1,3.5] in RTK's results. so i clamped  the voxel value of the
volume generated from RTK. i thought that maybe SART algorithm is not
accurate, so i ran the ADMMTV and FDK as well in RTK , but got the similar
results.i.e., the voxel range are about [-0.1, 3.6] , and after clamped it,
the results still brighter, pls see attached images.
So, is it a calibration problem or some normalization issue in RTK???
Thanks very much.
Guangming
*Guangming Zang (Alex)*
*King Abdullah University of Science and Technology(KAUST)*
*University of Chinese Academy of Sciences(UCAS)*

--

this email.