[Rtk-users] artifacts around high consistence small elements

1 1 infrombox at yandex.ru
Mon Apr 13 07:43:57 EDT 2015

Hi RTK users.
I try reconstruct such object: plasticine with implantation of high consistence ( lead, Pb ) elements about 50-150 um
Acquisition configuration: sdd: 344.1mm, sid: 344.1, shots: 640, rotation step: 0.3 deg, 1000x666, 700 dpi
On volume i see artifacts in the form of luminescence and holes around elements.

one of projections: http://i.imgur.com/iFesZ3o.png
slices that demonstrate artifacts: http://i.imgur.com/RQExMO2.png, http://i.imgur.com/Th2fxzA.png

what do you think may affect on them ? may be :
- decrease rotation step, increase full rotation from 192 (in my case) to 360
- detector with higher dpi
?

probably there is necessary apply some filter ?

These artifacts present not only in RTK, but other reconstruction software gives the same result. I dont beleive that its impossible to reconstruct such elements without artifacts, but i don't know the way where to investigate the problem.

thank you