[Rtk-users] RTK | Debug build link error

Audrius Stundzia audrius at tomographix.com
Thu Apr 9 03:22:39 EDT 2015

Hi Cyril,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015, at 22:25, Audrius Stundzia wrote:

> Hi Cyril,
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015, at 09:17, Cyril Mory wrote:
>> Hi Audrius,
>>
>> The release version 1.0.0 is already a bit old, and much has been
    improved since then.
>> Could you use the git repository to download the most up-to-date
    version of RTK, and let us know whether you experience the
    same issues ?

> Thank you for your suggestion. I will do so and let you know.

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Was addressing another shared lib bug
in ITK CMake.

I've now downloaded RTK rom the git repository and tried to build what I
think is the most up-to-date version with.

OS: Windows 8.1 x64 CUDA: 7.0 IDE: MS VS 2010 ITK: 4.7.1 [with 2 new
CMake patches for shared libs]

After having done so, I'm experiencing a different set of CUDA errors
of the type

>f:\program files\rtk\rtk-1.0.0\code\rtkCudaUtilities.hcu(49): error
>  C2664: 'fminf' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'float' to 'float3'
6> No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload
   resolution was ambiguous

inline __host__ __device__ float3 fminf(float3 a, float3 b) { return
make_float3(fminf(a.x,b.x), fminf(a.y,b.y), fminf(a.z,b.z)); }

If you would please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Audrius

>> If so, we will try to reproduce your compilation error, but since we
    have neither Windows 8.1 nor Visual Studio, we might not be able to
    obtain it at all.

      Stundzia wrote:

>>> Hi Simon,

          version of ITK is built?

>>> Yes, I did do so.
>>>
>>> In my case it is installed in "F:\Program Files\itk\Debug"

          lib issue with Windows, we'll try to fix it...

                    Simon Rit wrote:
> [...]
                          compiled ITK in Debug mode with the same
                          library setting (dynamic or shared)? This is
                          required as far as I know.

                  that Build_Shared_Libs was set to "On" for both
                  ITK and RTK.

                          PM, Audrius Stundzia

                          OS: Windows 8.1 x64

                          IDE: Visual Studio 2010 x64

                          ITK: 4.7.1

                          RTK: 1.0.0

                          The build in Release mode proceeds without any
                          failures. Thank you.

                          However, in Debug mode, the following link
                          error occurs when building

                          the RTK project rtkcuda:

                          1>RTK.lib(RTK.dll) : error LNK2005: "public:
                            class std::vector<class

                          itk::Matrix<double,3,4>,class
                          std::allocator<class

                          itk::Matrix<double,3,4> > > const & __cdecl

rtk::ProjectionGeometry<3>::GetMatrices(void)"

(?GetMatrices@?$ProjectionGeometry@$02 at rtk@@QEAAAEBV?$vector at V?$Matrix at N$02$03 at itk@@V?$allocator at V?$Matrix at N$02$03 at itk@@@std@@@std@@XZ)

                          already defined in
                          rtkCudaFDKBackProjectionImageFilter.obj

                          Any insight as to how to deal with this link
                          error would be appreciated.

                          Regards,

                          Audrius