[Rtk-users] Tomosynthesis Reconstruction using RTK

Hadjipanteli Andria (ROYAL SURREY COUNTY HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST) andria.hadjipanteli at nhs.net
Tue Nov 4 10:48:47 EST 2014

Dear all,

We used the FirstReconstruction.cxx code with minor changes to reconstruct a digital breast tomosynthesis stack of projections acquired using a Hologic Selenia Dimenions system. Unfortunately, the reconstructed image does not look as expected.

The characteristics of the geometry of the system are that the detector remains stationary while the x-ray tube moves around a centre of rotation located at the detector (see attached diagram). The changes we made to FirstReconstruction.cxx so that it represents the Hologic Geometry are that the sdd and sourceOffesetY both vary as a function of the rotation of the source (sid*sin(angleTheta) and sid*cos(angleTheta) respectively) while in all cases gantryAngle= 0, sid = 700 mm and isox = -detectorWidth/2. Our geometry definition is:

geometry->AddProjection(700,sdd,0,-isox,0,0,0,0,sourceOffsetY);

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what we might be doing wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Andria

Thank you for your co-operation.