[Rtk-users] ADMMTVReconstruction

Howard lomahu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:42:26 EST 2014

I am testing the ADMM total variation reconstruction with sparse data
sample. I could reconstruct but the results were not as good as expected.
In other words, it didn't show much improvement compared to fdk
reconstruction using the same sparse projection data.

The parameters I used in ADMMTV were the following:

--spacing 2,2,2 --dimension 250,100,250 --alpha 1 --beta 1000 -n 3

while the fdk reconstruction parameters are:

--spacing 2,2,2 --dimension 250,100,250 --pad 0.1 --hann 0.5

The dimensions were chosen to include the entire anatomy. 72 projections
were selected out of 646 projections for a 360 degree scan for both
calculations.

What parameters and how can I adjust (like alpha, beta, or iterations?) to
improve the ADMMTV reconstruction? There is not much description of this
application from the wiki page.

Thanks,

-howard