[Rtk-users] Volume error with fdkrtk backprojecting Polynomial corrected logged Projection Images.

Steven Pollmann spollmann at robarts.ca
Mon Sep 9 12:03:55 EDT 2013

Thanks for looking into this.
(And sorry I haven't responded earlier.  I've been away in
Germany/Poland for about a month, and this is my first day back).
The 3D FFT explains why the result is a total catastrophe.  I didn't
have time to submit a bug report on this issue, as requested by Marc,
before I left.  I don't think the report is necessary any more.  It is a
case of garbage in, garbage out. I was just expecting garbage on the
first few slices, but as I said, the 3D FFT explains the blank data set
after the RAMP filter.  If you still want a report submitted, however, I
can still do that.

I did come across another issue before I left (again, that I didn't have
time to report).  It is related to the CUDA Forward projection
generating moire/aliasing artifacts that does not occur in the CPU
implementation (which was a good enough workaround for the limited time
I had :).  I will dig up that data tomorrow, and report back to the
mailing list.

Anyhow, thanks again for looking into the Rubiks data.  The 3D FFT makes
perfect sense.

Steve