[Paraview] point to surface

hadrien calmet hadrien.calmet at bsc.es
Tue Sep 25 10:04:27 EDT 2018

Hi every one

I have a list of point (coordinate x,y,z), using*table to point* I can
visualize it on PV.
But I would like to know the total area of those points.
So I tried *glyph* (sphere, all the points) than *integrate variable
*and I obtained the area.
But the area is depending of the radius that I put on *glyph* parameter.

those points are the deposition of particles in a complex geometry(human
nasal cavity)
They are calculated when they intersect the surface mesh of the nasal
cavity.

my question:
There is a way to "project" those points on the mesh surface (then
filtering and *integrate variable* to calculate the total area) ?

thank you

Hadrien Calmet
Dpt. Computer Applications in Science and Engineering
Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC-CNS)
Edificio Nexus II - Planta 3
C/ JORDI GIRONA, 29
08034 Barcelona, Spain
Tel: +34 93 413 79 40