[Paraview] paraviewweb multiple renderview problem

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Sun May 27 22:34:20 EDT 2018

Hi All:

For a ParaViewWeb application using pvpython as a server, I have two
vtkRenderer objects side-by-side. I have used setViewId() to set the view
IDs of those two objects to correspond to two different RenderView objects
over on the server, with viewIDs retrieved using the GetGlobalIDAsString()
method.

I expected to see the different render views in the two different
vtkRenderers, but unfortunately what I see is always the same visualization
in the two different windows, sometimes one RenderView, sometimes the other.

This is probably too vague a description to diagnose the problem (though
advice is certainly welcome) so I also have these specific questions:

 1. Is the concept of the "active" view of any use in this context, or will
that just get in the way? I've tried experimenting with making one or the
other render view active on the server and it clearly changes the behavior,
but I still wind up with the same view in both vtkRenderer objects.

 2. Are the view IDs supposed to be strings or integers on the client? The
divvy code seems to imply integers, but there is a "Failed to determine the
LookupTable being used." error on the server that seems to be associated
with my choosing to use integers on the client.

 3. How is the MouseHandler code supposed to relate to these two views? It
seems to matter which vtkRenderer window it's clicked in, but which one
moves doesn't seem related to the viewID of the window.

Thank you,

 -Tom