[Paraview] ParaViewWeb and multiple windows

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Fri May 11 18:47:23 EDT 2018

Hi All:

I have a ParaViewWeb application going with a pvpython back end, and it
looks great. I want to show views of multiple datasets in it now. I gather
that the layout() methods are not supported in pvpython, so I have to use
separate windows.

I'm creating the render window on the client with this:

const renderer = VtkRenderer.newInstance({ client: model.pvwClient });

I can certainly create two such renderer objects, but I don't see how to
link the Render on my pvpython server to one or the other of the client's
renderer objects.

I assume I've been using some default behavior where my Show() and Update()
commands get sent to the one renderer, but how do I direct them to one or
the other?

Thank you,

 -Tom