[Paraview] layout question, pvpython

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri May 11 15:04:10 EDT 2018

Tom,

Alas, there's no layout support in pvpython. There indeed is a layout proxy
(vtkSMLayoutProxy), but they rely on the Qt ParaView components to layout
the windows. The proxy itself is the "model", if you will.  And it works
when you execute the layout related updates in the Python shell in the
ParaView UI.

A clumpsy way to set a window's position in Python is:
> view.GetRenderWindow().SetPosition(x, y)

You can use that to lay out the windows, short of doing something more
elaborate with a GUI library.

Utkarsh

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 2:34 PM Sgouros, Thomas <thomas_sgouros at brown.edu>
wrote:

> Hi All:

> I've become accustomed to throwing around render view objects in
pvpython, swapping them in and out of the view with simple.Show() and
simple.Hide(). Now I have to learn about layout objects. Can someone
suggest the best way to think about these? Are they containers into which I
can drop one or more render views and move them around, or are they more
like molds into which I can pour a render view and then use the layout as
handles with which to manipulate the views?

> Where can I find a list of the methods of a layout object? Or would it be
better to call it a layout proxy?

http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView