[Paraview] control comparative render in python?

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Fri May 11 08:28:25 EDT 2018

Hi All:

I have a paraviewweb application that accepts a bunch of options and
produces a nice visualization supplied by a pvpython server -- thank you
all for the help you've offered so far. Everyone is happy with this, but of
course the problem with that is now they want more.

I want to have two windows, side by side, rendering different views of the
same data, or the same view of two different data sources, side by side,
ideally always with the same camera position. This seems like exactly what
the comparative render view was built for. Unfortunately, I can't find how
to control that view through python. The Trace functionality seems
indifferent to whatever I do on the comparative view inspector window, and
I can't find any more than a mention in the Guide.

What is the python that corresponds to setting the MxN size of the
comparison and how do I assign a render to some given sector of my
comparison? Is there more to it than that?

Thank you,

-Tom