[Paraview] Volume Rendering Issues/Bugs

Mohamed Beshr mbeshr1986 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 11:24:34 EDT 2018

I have few questions/requests based on my work with Paraview to display CFD
data:

1.      I tried to use the caching option for the mesh that I had and it
works fine when I select “Snap To TimeSteps” option. This is good. However,

a.      When I select “Real Time” option and increase the time, even though
it  is cached, it still keeps reloading which prevents the VR from working.
Is there any potential/possibility to fix this in the meantime or upcoming
release?

b.      When I cache it as a volume (rather than surface, wireframe, or
points) on my laptop, it crashed the exe even when I increase the cache
memory maximum size. Any thoughts on that? I tested it on a bigger and
faster work station and it worked, however, it still has the issue
mentioned in the point below.

2.      When I get a smaller mesh (4x smaller), I am able to cache it as a
volume. However, when playing it back, it keeps reloading while showing the
green bar as below at each time step. Is that supposed to happen? Is that
rendering? Is there a way to eliminate it or make it faster?
Thanks a lot.

--
Best Regards,
Mohamed Beshr