[Paraview] Paraview crashing when clipping an openfoam solution

Carlos E Manglano-Villamarin carlosemanglanov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 10:47:50 EDT 2018

Hi everyone!

When I postprocess some simulations, less than 900,000 cells, from
openfoam, either opening paraview directly or using the parafoam tool, the
program crashes giving me the following error message:

I/O    : uncollated
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc
Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

My OS is Ubuntu 16.04, freshly installed. I was getting the same error with
Ubuntu 17.10 which I had installed until last night.

I am looking for info about "reimplementing QApplication" with no luck.

Any suggestions, please?
Carlos