[Paraview] Compiling Paraview on CentOS7

paul.carrico at free.fr paul.carrico at free.fr
Thu Mar 22 03:32:58 EDT 2018

Dear All

My colleagues and I would like to use Paraview to post-process FEA's
results (mechanical and CFD and son on).

I compilled the latest Paraview release on my CentOS 7 using mesa3D
(from CentOS repository + Qt5 + openMPI + ...)  to emulate openGL
libraries, I still have a warning from Paraview and a compatibility
issue; If I choose OpenGL instead OpenGL2 in ccmake, it asks for Qt4
instead of Qt5

I think this topic has ever been tackled by the community, so Where can
I find advices to finalize it?

Thanks for any feedback

Paul

(https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install)

Here bellow some information's I got

#########

ERROR: In
/opt/ParaView-v5.4.1/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 831
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x46643b0): GL version 2.1 with the gpu_shader4
extension is not supported by your graphics driver but is required for
the new OpenGL rendering backend. Please update your OpenGL driver. If
you are using Mesa please make sure you have version 10.6.5 or later and
make sure your driver in Mesa supports OpenGL 3.2.

ERROR: In
/opt/ParaView-v5.4.1/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 816
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x46643b0): failed to create offscreen window

ERROR: In
/opt/ParaView-v5.4.1/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 819
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x46643b0): GLEW could not be initialized.

#########

$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.9, 256 bits)
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 17.0.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 17.0.1
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES
1.0.16
OpenGL ES profile extensions: