[Paraview] pvtu reader error

Jamil Appa jamil.appa at zenotech.com
Tue Mar 20 10:09:22 EDT 2018

Hi

    I am trying to read a pvtu with Paraview 5.4.1 and getting an
unexpected behaviour.

   Using just the client the file reads as expected but when attempting to
read the same file in client server mode it reports the correct number of
cells but any subsequent operations like slice only act on the first piece
in the pvtu file.

   I can have a go at fixing the issue but need a pointer of where to start
looking.

 Thanks

 Jamil

  Example file generated by the VTK writer.

 <?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="PUnstructuredGrid" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian"
header_type="UInt32" compressor="vtkZLibDataCompressor">
  <PUnstructuredGrid GhostLevel="0">
    <PCellData Scalars="cellzone">
      <PDataArray type="Float32" Name="cellzone"/>
      <PDataArray type="Float32" Name="V" NumberOfComponents="3"/>
    </PCellData>
    <PPoints>
      <PDataArray type="Float32" Name="Points" NumberOfComponents="3"/>
    </PPoints>
    <Piece Source="data_0.vtu"/>
    <Piece Source="data_1.vtu"/>
  </PUnstructuredGrid>
</VTKFile>

*Jamil Appa* | Co-Founder and Director | Zenotech
[image: Papercut]
[image: Tel:] +44 (0)7747 606 788 [image: Zenotech LTD - Simulation
Unlimited] <http://www.zenotech.com/>
[image: Email:] jamil.appa at zenotech.com
[image: Web:] www.zenotech.com
[image: Papercut]
[image: linkedin:] <http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/jamil-appa/1/165/120>[image:
Twitter:] <https://twitter.com/zenotech>[image: Location:]
<https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bristol+%26+Bath+Science+Park/@51.500921,-2.478567,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48719ab86a5a9f7d:0xd17394f3400abb0a>

Company Registration No : 07926926 | VAT No : 128198591

Registered Office : 1 Larkfield Grove, Chepstow, Monmouthshire, NP16 5UF, UK

Address : Bristol & Bath Science Park, Dirac Cres, Emersons Green, Bristol
BS16 7FR