[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] QUESTION ABOUT SLICE

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 16 19:42:54 EDT 2018

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/18063

Also, much of this can be animated using Python.  Check out:
https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Advanced_State_Management#Traces

Last, if you have a suggestion, please post it to user voice:
https://paraview.uservoice.com/forums/11350-general

Alan

From: <aguirre.flanker at gmail.com> on behalf of Miguel Aguirre <aguirre.utn at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, March 16, 2018 at 1:01 AM
To: W Scott <wascott at sandia.gov>
Cc: "paraview at public.kitware.com" <paraview at public.kitware.com>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [Paraview] QUESTION ABOUT SLICE

Hello Mr. SCOTT,
Thank you very much for your time. Indeed, it was useful for better understand the way “Slice”+”PlotData” works by using the spreadsheet analysis.  So, apparently the only way to do a 2D plot without this issue, is to use “PlotOnIntersectionPlane” or “PlotOverLine”.
Concerning the 2D plot along X-axis of the integrated variables along Y-axis, the simplest way to do it so far, is the method already discussed here:
https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-paraview/116033-obtain-average-pressure-over-range-slices.html
However, I wonder if Paraview developers are working on a built-in filter that allows to do that. This is a very classical analysis in aerodynamics, so it will be widely used by the Paraview community.
Thanks again and thanks for the advice of the “jet” color-type.
Best regards,
Miguel Angel AGUIRRE