[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] QUESTION ABOUT SLICE

Miguel Aguirre aguirre.utn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:01:31 EDT 2018

Hello Mr. SCOTT,

Thank you very much for your time. Indeed, it was useful for better
understand the way “Slice”+”PlotData” works by using the spreadsheet
analysis.  So, apparently the only way to do a 2D plot without this issue,
is to use “PlotOnIntersectionPlane” or “PlotOverLine”.

Concerning the 2D plot along X-axis of the integrated variables along
Y-axis, the simplest way to do it so far, is the method already discussed
here:

https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-paraview/116033-obtain-average-pressure-over-range-slices.html

However, I wonder if Paraview developers are working on a built-in filter
that allows to do that. This is a very classical analysis in aerodynamics,
so it will be widely used by the Paraview community.

Thanks again and thanks for the advice of the “jet” color-type.

Best regards,
Miguel Angel AGUIRRE