[Paraview] Reading AMReX directories

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sat Mar 10 19:32:46 EST 2018

Terry,

A couple of issues were spotted.

1. The reader by default picks "particles" as the name of the
particles directory under the plt folder (which is the case with
MFIX). There's a "Particle Type" entry on the Properties panel. You
should be able to change that to match the particles present in your
file viz. particle0, particle1, or particle2.
2. Even after changing that, the reader will fail to read. That's
because there's a difference in the naming conventions for the DATA_*
files between the samples I had and the one you have. I've fixed that
here: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/4051. While
this will miss the RC3, I'll have it merged before the final release.

Utkarsh

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:00 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit
<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
> Terry,
>
> Looks like the structure is different with the files you sent. Let me
> see what's going on.
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 11:10 AM, Turton, Terry <tlturton at lanl.gov> wrote:
>> Utkarsh,
>>
>> I am sending it via LANL transfer, look for it in a little bit.  The
>> MFIX-Exa data was the data in para/view/Testing/Data/AMReX-MFIX/plt*.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Terry

>>> vtkAMReXParticlesReader(000000000A5FDFE0) returned failure for request: