[Paraview] Loading Annotations for Categorical Colors

Zackary Dodson zdodson at umich.edu
Mon Mar 5 15:00:43 EST 2018

Hello,

I am having some trouble loading annotations from saved presets for
categorical color schemes. After checking the "Interpret Values as
Categories" box in the Color Map Editor pane and then editing the
Annotations list to include my desired colors, values, and annotations
(labels for each color), I save the color scheme as a preset (making
sure to check the box to save the annotations). Then, when I want to
reload the color preset later (after the annotations list has been
cleared), I click the "Choose preset" button (folder with a heart) and
scroll down to my saved preset. I make sure that the box for loading the
annotations is checked and apply the preset. The colors are loaded but
not the associated values and annotations (labels). What I need is the
associated values and labels to show up when I load the custom preset.
Looking at the .json file that is created when exporting the preset, the
values and labels are present, but are just not being loaded when the
preset is applied (and again, I am making sure to check the box to load
the annotations when applying the preset). Is there a bug with this
feature or am I doing the procedure incorrectly?

Thanks,
Zack