[Paraview] Using paraview.simple in external Python

John Haase jhaase1 at nd.edu
Mon Mar 5 11:15:35 EST 2018

Hello,

I realize this question has an answer in the Wiki
<https://itk.org/Wiki/ParaView/EnvironmentSetup#Windows> and been asked
previously
<http://paraview.markmail.org/search/?q=external+python#query:external%20python+page:1+mid:lz6eccaoe5sxid3v+state:results>
.

However, I am still having issues. I did a fresh install
of ParaView-5.4.0-Qt5-OpenGL2-Windows-64bit

but in C:\Program Files\ParaView 5.4.0-Qt5-OpenGL2-Windows-64bit, I only
have

bin
data
doc
share
Uninstall.exe

according to the Wiki, I should have a lib folder. I tried adding bin\lib
and bin\lib\site-packages

but I still get the error

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'paraview'

In my external Python IDE (Spyder).

So how do I get Spyder to recognize Paraview (prefered) or Paraview to use
the panda library on my system (acceptable)?

Regards,

John R. Haase
jhaase1 at nd.edu