[Paraview] Filed plotted over a line, corresponding to many time-increments

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jun 28 11:33:11 EDT 2018

As of ParaView 5.2, you can use the Force Time filter to move a data source
to a specified time. You should no longer need to use a programmable
filter. Simply apply a Force Time filter to your data source for all the
time steps you want to plot, then apply a Plot Over Line filter to each one.

By the way, we are now using discourse.paraview.org for community support
of ParaView, so you can post future questions there.

HTH,
Cory

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 11:16 AM PHAM Chau Thuy <chauthuy.pham at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>> I would like to know how to plot a field over a line, corresponding to
>> many  time-steps, in the same image.
>> A priori, I saw one indication from the internet :
>>    *https://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2015-September/034939.html
>> <https://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2015-September/034939.html>*
>>
>> It says that I have to use the Programmable filter, write a python script
>> (which is equivalent to the plotoverline tool integrated in Paraview 5.2)
>> and then update the increment time.
>>
>> The problem is that I don't know how to write a python code for the
>> plot-over-line.
>> Do you have any suggestion for me?
>>
>> Looking forwards for your response,
>> C.T.PHAM

> ParaView discussion is moving! Please visit
> https://discourse.paraview.org/ for future posts.

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.