[Paraview] warp by vector field(displacement) with pressure field problem

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 14 12:22:40 EDT 2018

Umit,

I took a look at your data, and the warp by vector filter is behaving exactly how I would expect.

The displacement field in your data is 0 everywhere except at the top edge. Thus, when you apply the warp the top edge will move and everything else will stay fixed where it is. In the middle of the top edge the warp vectors are pushing down into the rest of the mesh. This is causing some self-intersection with the mesh, which is why you are seeing the pressure profile sticking out the top.

You can use the Threshold filter to remove all cells that are not moving. However, that is only going to leave the top layer of cells, which I’m not sure what you want.

-Ken