[Paraview] warp by vector field(displacement) with pressure field problem

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jun 14 09:44:49 EDT 2018

> And the result is somewhat as expected except that another pressure
> profile with an undeformed structural part is also visible with what I
> actually want to get. Please see the attached screenshot with the settings
> and visible fields.

Did you turn off the visibility of the original file? I suspect you are
seeing the original undisplaced surface in that location, and it is
covering up the warped surface.

Cory

p.s. We are moving community support to https://discourse.paraview.org.
Please post new requests there. Thanks!

> Do I have a misunderstanding to accomplish this task. At the end, I would
> like to show the pressure profile which is a scalar field in the file along
> with the displacement field on the beam at the top edge.
>
> I was thinking if there is deformed+undeformed visibility selection
> somehwere or not, maybe the issue is completely something else.
>
> Any comments are appreciated.
>
> BR,
> Umut
>
> P.S. For a decent view for the deformed vector field, you can set the
> scale factor of the warpbyvector field to 0.1 to 0.15

> ParaView discussion is moving! Please visit
> https://discourse.paraview.org/ for future posts.

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.