[Paraview] Exporting publication-quality images from Paraview

Ahmet Ahmet ahmetskyland at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 09:29:26 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I have two main questions about publication-quality images. I got stuck in
making quality images for my journal article. Since, all my charts/render
views is in Paraview.

First, I am trying to export vector graphics such as postscript, SVG, or
PDF for chart view. In vector graphics, axes titles have wrong font type,
size and positions. Also, x-axis limits are not applied. I think the reason
of the wrong type and size is that I used MathText in the axis titles but I
don't know the reasons of the wrong position and limits for x axis. There
are two images with true (png) and false (vector) in attachment (Drive).
How can I export vector graphics with appearance of the Paraview rendering?
Additionally, I guess we can not export vector graphics for comparative
chart or render views because of disabling "export scenes" choice. Is there
really no way?

Second, if I prefer a raster format like tif/png, is it possible to adjust
DPI quality of the image not the image size? If not, do you have any
suggestions (including other than Paraview)?

Note: I tried Paraview v5.2, v5.3, v5.4 and v5.5. The problem happens in
all Paraview versions that I tried and all vector graphics formats.  Data
types are csv for chart view, OpenFOAM results for render view. I tested
"render text as paths" or other options in the export scene.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Ahmet

Attachments are given with Dropbox because of the limit of attachment size.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ku9wniul868nh15/true.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oc0v49qie4a3hrc/wrong.pdf?dl=0