[Paraview] Detect Catalyst extraction from within a coprocessor

Michalke, Simon simon.michalke at fau.de
Tue Feb 27 11:39:16 EST 2018

Hi Andy,

our optimization software is able to stream live results via http when
configured. This stream is pointed at a continuous running webservice
that saves the current progress. A user can for example view the current
scalar variables over the steps to make sure the problem converges:
http://eamc075.eam.uni-erlangen.de
Simple 2D data should also be viewable at some point.
Now comes catalyst:
The webservice should also be able to redirect the data to a catalyst
instance. A user can enter the ip and port online and will receive the
data from the webservice onto his local machine. The data is in general
not bulky so I can send all data to the client and do the processing on
the machine running paraview/catalyst.

This means that the client catalyst will never directly connect to the
simulation or vice versa in our use case.

Regards,
Simon

(forgot the cc to list)