[Paraview] Detect Catalyst extraction from within a coprocessor

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Feb 27 11:21:13 EST 2018

Hi Simon,

Currently there's nothing that allows the coprocessor to get information
that the user has clicked on the extract icon during a Catalyst Live
connection. You may be able to hack in a solution though by looking at
either vtkLiveInSituLink (
https://www.paraview.org/ParaView/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/classvtkLiveInsituLink.html)
or coprocessing.py.

By the way, I'm curious about the use case for this -- what functionality
are you hoping to do with this information? FYI: we're hoping to add
significant functionality in the near future for Catalyst Live so something
like that may be supported in the near future.

Best,
Andy