[Paraview] Using ParaviewWeb examples

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Mon Feb 19 18:34:28 EST 2018

Hi Sebastien:

I suspected that and also tried downgrading to webpack 1, but then loading
paraviewweb won't work because lots of its dependencies require webpack
versions up to 2.2.0. (babel-loader, expose-loader, schema-utils,
worker-loader, several others) It tells you to load the peer dependencies
by hand, but that seems not to work for paraviewweb, though I'm probably
misunderstanding something.

I will forget the examples and try building up a webpack from scratch, but
there are a few things in the webpack config that make me nervous about the
prospects:

 1. The alias PVWStyle.

 2. The "postcss: [require('autoprefixer')... ]

 3. 'loader: "expose?MyWebApp"'.

All of these seem like maybe they are going to be required for some parts
of paraviewweb. The current version of webpack seems to choke on them all,
and I won't know what to replace them with. Any advice?

Thank you.

 -Tom