[Paraview] generating a figure from time-dependent data

Sean McGovern smcgjob at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 07:18:54 EST 2018

Dear Paraview Community,

I have simulation data that is time dependent and distributed over
multiple processors.

I happily view slices through this data in time while playing the
animation. In particular, I can see the displacement of an interface
through time. I have done some python scripting, starting from the trace
function, but I cannot at the moment do the following:

Plot the location of the interface through time. In other words, take
the information from the animation and put it in one plot.

To be clear: I want to extract a value (a position gotten by slicing) at
each time step and compile this into one x vs t plot.

I'd be grateful for any guidance on how to achieve this. I'd be very
happy if this turns out to be an easy thing to do. Given the general
nature of the forum and this message, I am of course happy to provide
more details to make my solicitation for information more fruitful.

Best,

Sean