[Paraview] Possible bug (Actually 2)

Beach, Timothy A. (GRC-LTE0)[Vantage Partners, LLC] timothy.a.beach at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 7 21:46:03 EST 2018

I have a problem with unstructured CFD datasets  using the Ensight format.  The following illustrates the problem.  I make a slice at a certain value of y and look at velocity vectors.  Everything is good.  I use calculator to make    a dependent variable from CoordY and contour at the same y value.   These 2 surfaces are identical and shading by any variable yields identical results.   If I put velocity vectors on the  constant y contour surface, they are wrong.  This procedure works as expected with   plot3d structured datasets.  The other thing I’ve noticed, when using a cylindrical slice,  it always uses the y axis.  Setting X or Z anything else has no effect. This happens on all my datasets.   I’m using my own compile of Version 5.4.1 on a mac.  Any ideas, comments or suggestions?
Thanks
Tim